The patient is at the heart of everything!
The services of La Maison
- FREE and accessible to anyone who meets the admission criteria and resides in Region 05 (Estrie);
- Carried out in tandem with institutions in the public health and social services network and with community organizations;
- Offered by a team of professionals, volunteers and support staff who cooperate across disciplines to satisfy the various needs of patients and their loved ones.
A person who wishes to be cared for in La Maison Aube-Lumière:
- Mandates their attending physician to make the request;
- Has cancer and knows their condition. The disease is in the palliative phase of its evolution;
- Is an adult and resides in Region 05 (Estrie);
- Is an adult living in a region other than 05 (Estrie) but has a close family member who lives in Region 05 (Estrie);
- Has been informed, as have their relatives, that all available treatments, with a view to curing or modifying the course of the disease, have been considered and are no longer appropriate;
- Adheres to the principle of La Maison where we do not practice intensive life-prolonging therapy;
- Has a predicted life expectancy of less than three months;
- Requires care to relieve physical symptoms and address psychological, social, and spiritual needs.
We prioritize persons:
- Living at home over those who are already in a hospital environment;
- Living alone, without family or social support;
- Requiring readmission after temporarily returning to their home following a stay at La Maison Aube-Lumière.
If you have any questions about our admission process, you can contact our Clinical Counselor or the Director of Nursing Services:
« We will hold a vivid memory of the welcome that this warm household gave us with as much candor as serenity, in order to relieve our own pain..»
« Keep up your good work, because you know how to give us the strength we need to get through this difficult ordeal. »
« I really felt like I was part of your team. You were my second family for two months. Thanks to each of the nurses, all the volunteers and all the employees. I will never forget you.»