Persons Who Wish to Become Volunteers Should…
- Be age 18 or older;
- Be carefully chosen in regards to their aptitudes and motivations;
- Commit for a minimum period of one year;
- Complete the application form online entitled “Offre de services du bénévole” (in French only for the moment) or in person at La Maison Aube-Lumière;
- After the Director of Support and Volunteer Services has reviewed their application, attend an interview with the Selection Committee;
Persons who have lived through bereavement, an illness or the end of a relationship are strongly advised to wait at least 12 months before applying to volunteer.
After the interview, the Selection Committee will evaluate the following aspects:
- The candidate is respectful and listens well;
- The person accepts feedback in a positive and constructive manner;
- The committee unanimously approves the candidature.
One week after the interview, candidates communicate with the Director of Support and Volunteer Services to offer their feedback.
Upon their entry into service, volunteers receive a thorough training in order to understand the palliative care setting and how to integrate themselves as smoothly as possible into the culture of excellence at La Maison Aube-Lumière.
Fill out and return the application form to the following address:
La Maison Aube-Lumière
Attention: Director of Support and Volunteer Services
3071 – 12th Avenue North
Sherbrooke, QC J1H 5H3
Volunteers at La Maison Aube-Lumière offer their support in various sectors of activity:
- Fundraising Activities
- Administration and Communications
During the fiscal year 2016-2017, volunteer hours in operations alone totaled 30,600 hours.